The Kart module is a Summer School module for students at the end of the first year.
The kart is controlled by a smartPhone via BlueTooth.
A BlueTooth receiver on the kart control board communicates via an RS232 serial link with the control board FPGA.
The FPGA receives following controls:
- the propulsion DC motor speed and direction
- the steering stepper motor target angle and step period
- two LEDs
The FPGA sends following information back:
The FPGA board has following connections:
- a 26 pin Header connector
- a 9 pole DSub connector for RS232
- the FPGA JTAG programming connector
- the PIC RJ11 programming connector
For special designs, some boards have larger FPGAs:
- Board 29 has a AGL125
- Board 30 has a AGL250
Within the Actel Project manager, the settings of the FPGA have to be changed:
- in Synplify:
Implementation Options… -> Device -> Part<code>
- in the place & route tool: <code>Tools -> Device Selection… -> Die<code>
Use the register to set the rate at which the FPGA sends status to the remote control.
Set-up a hall sensor wheel rotation counter.