This high quality analog muxing/demuxing general purpose board was created for demanding measurement applications.
- 256x100mm 8 layers PCB
- 8 <-> 1 channels
- 4 I/O per channels (ground commuted with the signal, so no common ground)
- Bandwidth : 0...200MHz (best use : 0...10MHz, see plot below)
- SMA or SMB connectors
- Signal relay based solution
- Balanced tree routage (same trace distance for any commuted channel)
- 50Ohms impedance controlled shielded coaxial traces
- 1x LED per channel (light when selected) + 1x power LED.
- 1x 2mm-pitched 2x6 connector.
Power supply / driving considerations
This board doesn't have any driving circuit on it.
Actually, there is 3 ways to drive the board :
- A basic FPGA board, MFSRELAYCTRL, for HVME16 or any other control buses.
- It can be driven with a NI USB box through a driver board too.
- Finally, active channel can be manually switched via a basic switches box.
The following signals/powers can be found on the connector :
RELAYDRV0..2 must be grounded for high logic, Hi-Z or Vin for low logic. Be warned: when grounded, the whole active concerned relays coil current flow through these pins.
Vin must be in accordance with the nominal voltage of the soldered relay (typically +5.0V).
Current consumption @ +5.0V
Needed current for coil driving (28 signal relays in balanced tree typology)
- CH1 @ ~4mA
- CH2 @ ~360mA
- CH3 @ ~200mA
- CH4 @ ~520mA
- CH5 @ ~120mA
- CH6 @ ~440mA
- CH7 @ ~280mA
- CH8 @ ~600mA
Changelog / Known issues
Contacts / Collaborators
Project manager :
PCB routing :