Welcome to the HES-SO Valais Wallis Wiki of the Infotronics Unit
This is the knowledge database of the HES-SO Valais Wallis Institute of Systems Engineering
Infotronics Unit. It's the place to share experiences, findings, how-to's and everything else about HDL, Telecom, Embedded Systems and related topics.
Get informed about all changes to this wiki by signing up to this RSS feed
Use the Navigation to the left to enter the different sections or follow any of the following links:
- Supported Families: SmartFusion2, SmartFusion, Fusion, ProASIC3, ProASIC3E, ProASIC3L, IGLOO, IGLOOe, IGLOO+
- Multiple performance improvements
- New compact library format; Wave Window improvements
- VHDL 2008 support improvements; Inclusion of VHDL-2008 OSVVM libraries
- Questa only: New UVM, VM features; enhanced Power Aware Simulation
- New Supported/ Enhanced VHDL 2008 Constructs
- Task / Flow Updates
- Block Diagram and IBD Enhancements
- IP updates
- further Device Support for Virtex-7, Zynq-7000 and Defenense-Grade Kintex-7Q, Virtex-7Q
This update brings following new features to the 10.0 release:
- Improved GUI performance – Improved structure window and objects window
- VHDL Improvements - Support for significant portions of VHDL 2008 and Preservation
of user case in identifiers
- New advanced debug features including schematic view debug and automatic causality
- Improved WLF debugging and new Code Coverage Analysis Pane
- Improved Altera and Xilinx Vivado support
- New Microsemi SmartFusion2 Device
- Expanded SystemVerilog Support
- Improved Physical Plus for Xilinx devices
The IEEE Std 1800-2012 a.k.a. SystemVerilog is available for download
The 31 new features, 60 clarifications and 71 corrections of the standard include:
- Multiple inheritance !
- Soft constraints
- Uniqueness constraints
- A different global clock can be defined for each hierarchy scope
More infos here
The presentation slides can be downloaded here.
After 7 years of development, Qt 5.0, centered around Qt Quick with the full capabilities of OpenGL/OpenGL ES, has been released.
- Faster GUI with QML and QtQuick with special focus on low cost HW environments (mobile, embedded).
- Built-in OpenGL (ES) support
- Webkit and HTML5
- 5K - 120K LUTs, 190k - 4.5Mbit RAM, 11 -240 Math (DSP) blocks
- 166 MHz ARM® Cortex™-M3 microprocessor with 8Kbyte Instruction Cache
- connects to USB 2.0 HS OTG, CAN, SPI, I2C and Gigabit Ethernet
- static power 10mW during operation on the 50K LUT device
- 0 - 16 5Gbps SERDES, PCIe, XAUI / XGXS+ Native SERDES
- Hard 800 mbps DDR2/3 controllers with SECDED (aka ECC or EDAC) protection
- but no more DAC/ADC
- samples available now, first production silicon slated for early 2013
This bugfix release is available for download now.