The source files for all scripts described hereafter can be obtained from https://repos.hevs.ch/svn/eda/VHDL/scripts/
HEI EDA Launch Script (HELS)
This script sets up the environment and launches HDL-Designer. Following steps are executed in the given order.
- Get parameters
- Parameters like the name of the design or the location of the HDL-Designer project can be passed to the script.
- By default, the name of the design is equal to the name of the script and the parent directory of the script is the project directory.
- Prepare scratch directory
- A scratch directory is set up at C:\temp\eda\<username>\<designname>
- This folder will later contain generated files like the compiled VHDL files for simulation
- Define environment variables
- Set HDL-Designer parameters controlled by environment variables including the license server address.
- Try to find the installation path of different tools and define subfolders
- Files to scratch
- Copy necessary files to the scratch directory
- Delete intermediate files
- Remove automatically generated files from the last run
- Start HDL-Designer and wait until it closes
- Files from scratch
- Copy necessary files back from the scratch directory to the project