Main_Page has no subpages to list.
Welcome to the HES-SO Valais Wallis Wiki of the Infotronics Unit
This is the knowledge database of the HES-SO Valais Wallis Institute of Systems Engineering
Infotronics Unit. It's the place to share experiences, findings, how-to's and everything else about HDL, Telecom, Embedded Systems and related topics.
Find more information about our educational program in the FSI Wiki.
Get informed about all changes to this wiki by signing up to this RSS feed
Use the Navigation to the left to enter the different sections or follow any of the following links:
- Enlarged support for SmartFusion2 and IGLOO2 families
- Runtime and UI improvements
- SoftConsole v3.4 requires the SP1 to be compatible with Libero SoC v11.4
- Performance improvements
- New Toolbars and Source Window
- VHDL-2008 support (if/cas/generate)
- Questa only: PA and VM improved
- QoR improvements
- Asymmetric RAM enhancements
- DSP enhancements
- includes syntax help for VHDL constructs
IMPORTANT: As ISE enters it's sustaining phase of product life there will be no more major releases. However, updates and patches might still be released.
- 7 series and Zynq device and IP updates
- VHDL 2008: Logical Shift Operators, Simplified Case Statements, Delimited Comments
- new SystemVerilog Assistant
- Register Assistant 4.5, Design Checking Enhancements, Vendor flow updates, Platform support updates
New Heavyweight FPGA Champion: Xilinx announced the new Virtex UltraScale All Programmable devices
This 3D IC contains three die (SLR) to achieve:
- 4.4M logic cells (approx. 50M ASIC gates)
- 88.6 Mbits BRAM
- 2880 DSP48 slices (4268 GMACs/sec)
- hard-IPs: 6 x PCIe, 3 x 100G Ethernet MAC, 48 x 16.3 Gbps transceivers
- 1456 I/O Pins
In need of a Qt Library? Like to publish one? Check out #inqlude!
Inqlude is meant to be the place where you find all information and pointers to Qt libraries, components or modules. There's the webpage, a format for describing Q-based libraries and a command line client to install libraries. It's all still in alpha phase, but certainly worth a look. For more and up-to-date information follow this link.
- IP updates
- further Device Support for Zynq-7000 and Defenense-Grade Zynq-7000Q, Artix-7Q, Virtex-7Q
Like the old IGLOOs, it's based on the non-volatile Flash technology, with it's advantages of independence from external configuration devices, lower power (flash freeze), higher radiation immunity and security. Up until now, Flash based devices have been rather small. But with IGLOO2, Microsemi is now in direct competition with the other important FPGA manufacturers. IGLOO2 has
- 6-150 kLUTs (like Xilinx Artix-7 or Spartan6)
- up to 16 5G SerDes (competitors: <10)
- max. 574 User IOs (like Spartan6, more than Artix-7)
- 700-5000 kBits RAM
- up to 2 DDR controllers and 4 PCIe endpoints
The M2GL050 is already shipping and starts at less than $7USD for high volume orders.
- plugin updates (Spyder 2.2.0, Numpy, Scipy, PyQt ...)
- a dozen new plugins
- improved image manupulation
- adds large vector randomization
- has a work around for some Aldec issues
This update brings following new features to the 10.0 release:
- Improved GUI performance – Improved structure window and objects window
- VHDL Improvements - Support for significant portions of VHDL 2008 and Preservation
of user case in identifiers
- New advanced debug features including schematic view debug and automatic causality
- Improved WLF debugging and new Code Coverage Analysis Pane
The IEEE Std 1800-2012 a.k.a. SystemVerilog is available for download
The 31 new features, 60 clarifications and 71 corrections of the standard include:
- Multiple inheritance !
- Soft constraints
- Uniqueness constraints
- A different global clock can be defined for each hierarchy scope
More infos here
The presentation slides can be downloaded here.
This bugfix release is available for download now.